If you’re wondering whether ductless AC is right for you, there’s a lot of factors to consider. Luckily, when it comes to making this decision, you aren’t alone! At Deets Mechanical, our team is more than happy to help by providing the professional insight you need to make an informed choice.
To learn more about ductless AC, check out our advice below!
Reasons To Consider Ductless AC Installation
- No more fighting over the thermostat.
- Adding it to an existing house with no ductwork is easier and more affordable.
- You can add it to one room of the house that way you aren’t wasting anything on rooms that are not being used.
You may be asking yourself what this is and how it works. Instead of having the AC unit everyone is used to, this requires an outside compressor to connect with an individual room unit. How this works is that the warm air travels through the coils in the unit and out the compressor.
Ductless cooling like this would work great if you have a guest house. You would only need to turn it on when it’s in use. Other than that, you can keep it off! Your Franklin ductless AC installation team at Deets Mechanical will be glad to help with that.
Ductless Mini-Splits vs. Central AC
Mini-splits are the way to go size-wise if the area you’re installing it in is not very big, such as a sunroom or garage. A central or “traditional” system refers to the heating and cooling system almost every house is equipped with now.
Let’s say you want to go to a mini-split from a traditional unit. This will involve investing in removing the ductwork and installing air handlers. If you were to install a ductless AC in a place with no ductwork yet, it will prove to be a wise investment.
Over at Deets, we make sure you understand the pros and cons of anything you’re thinking about adding to your home. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of ductless mini-splits:
Pros To Ductless AC
- They’re very easy to install. You won’t be required to leave your home to allow our technicians to install your new system.
- Built a sunroom? Ductless mini-splits are a great way to get cool or warm air flowing throughout it without any hassle.
- You’re able to save on energy costs since it doesn’t require air ducts.
Cons Of Ductless Cooling
- If you want a very plain aesthetic, this may not be the best option as these systems require indoor air handlers.
- Ductless mini-splits require frequent air filter changes — at least monthly to ensure efficiency.
- Have an awkward layout in your home? These systems are not recommended since designing cooling “zones” may prove difficult.
Schedule Your Ductless AC Installation With Deets Mechanical!
Like any home renovation, it is better to be well informed before you start saying yes. Here at Deets, we want you to get the most out of your money. That’s why we’ll be as transparent as we can when helping you make decisions for your home. Reach out to our team to schedule your ductless AC installation!