With the busyness of everyday life, it can be easy to put household maintenance tasks on the back burner. Yet ignoring electrical system upkeep can cause severe damage to your home and threaten the health and safety of your family.
At Deets Mechanical, our expertise covers electrical, plumbing and air conditioning issues – so you can rest assured you’re in good hands. Each of our technicians is highly skilled and can tackle any repairs, replacements or maintenance problems you may be experiencing.
Below are our top three safety tips to keep your electrical systems functioning properly, but don’t hesitate to reach out to our team if you have additional questions!
1. Be Aware Of Cord Care
Your home’s wiring can become a serious safety risk if left unmonitored. Electrical cords are hard to keep organized. They are often tripped over or shoved into strange places to reduce clutter.
Electrical cords can pose health hazards for pets and small children who may be tempted to play with them, as well as damage your home by overheating, rubbing or causing a fire.
When your cords are stored properly and checked on regularly, the risk of electrocution and burn damage within your household lessens significantly.
2. Watch Out For Home Safety Issues
Wondering what electrical issues are the most common for Franklin homeowners? Some of the most frequent problems that occur include:
- Electrocution when someone uses an appliance in the bathroom, kitchen or near an area with standing water
- Overloading a power outlet and plugging in too many electrical devices
- Using appliances with wet hands
- Forgetting to clean out ventilation fans
Though the solutions to these issues seem relatively simple, many homeowners forget to pay attention to warning signs when their day is hectic. Staying on top of electrical appliance upkeep and being cautious are habits that pay off in the long run.
3. Follow Electrical Safety Rules
When it comes to safety regulations, there are a few that should be top priorities for every family. Some of the most essential rules include:
- Making sure dryers and washers are at least a foot away from the wall so that the cords have plenty of room
- Always reading the instruction labels on appliances
- Figuring out the best kinds of light bulbs for different fixtures to prevent fires
- Scheduling an inspection appointment if an appliance shocks you
- Refraining from using electrical equipment in smaller, enclosed spaces
- Making sure your equipment is properly ventilated
- Unplugging appliances that are overheating
Following these simple safety tips can keep you and your family safe and reduce the risk of electrical damages.
Let Deets Mechanical Be Your Franklin Electrician Today!
Don’t wait for a mishap to happen before scheduling a maintenance or repair appointment.
At Deets Mechanical, we’re dedicated to preserving you and your family’s safety and well-being all year round. From wiring and bathroom plumbing services to heater repairs and more – our team has you covered.
Feel free to contact us to schedule an electrical inspection today!